Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Interuppted Blog-time!

Hello Everyone!

I haven't had internet time lately so it has been awhile since my last blog-post. I came to a Basque cafe down the street to use their wifi. I came in and there were about 3 other people here casually sitting. Suddenly about 50 people jammed into the tiny place playing various music instruments (accordians, drums, etc) and caroling and carrying big wooden sticks which they bang on the ground as they chant! HA! Today is a holiday (I believe it is called Santa Agreda) and this is the tradition. Everyone has been walking up and down the street doing this today... No worries, I got some pictures. Anyways, so my blog time was interuppted and now I just feel awkward.

I'm having a really wonderful time still. Went to San Sebastian during the weekend...sooooo beautiful-I can't wait for spring here! I will write more when there aren't people chanting all around me. Love you all. Bye!

5 comments:

  1. My Dear Marissa,

    Hola, Buena Suerte and Adios!!!! I love you!!!
    I am leaving at 4:00 am on Saturday the 7th for Playa. My new cell phone number is 217-367-7537. My email is jamlaw1007@comcast.net.

    Anyone that needs to call me or email me - these are the new contacts....

    Marissa have a wonderful weekend and I look forward to your next post. XXXXOOOO Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to hearing about your special trip this week with your class. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marissa,

    Sports update on the Fighting Illini:
    We rank anywhere between 19th and 23rd depending on which poll you are reading. A nasty loss to Wisconsin on Thursday.We play Purdue at home tomorrow. We should be a cinch for the NCAA tourney. Go Illini!

    Temperature should make it into the 50's today. Snow melting quickly now.

    I see your Mom has flip video now so we can expect great shots of Playa any day now.

    Take care...........R&J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day To My Valentine,

    The house in Playa is exactly what we love!!!

    I will show you pictures when I get home!!!

    I am really missing you so I hope to see a post or email. Want to know all about your trip to Madrid. xxxxoooo Mom

    ReplyDelete